.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

First Love


Lady had a rough day in Primary today. We were in the middle of sharing time when she came walking over to me doing a full-body pout (everything--her face, head, arms, was drooping to the ground). She buried her head in my lap. Then she looked up and said "Mom, Samuel isn't going to marry me. He's going to marry Opal." I tried to convince her she was wrong (while holding back my laughter). "No mom, he told me. He's gonna marry Opal". It took some convincing to get her to go back and sit with her class. After church, I was helping her get dressed and she brought the marriage problem up again. Trying to be rational I said "Laityn, Samuel is only four. He won't decide who he's going to marry until he's twenty-four". Her response was priceless. "No mom, they already felled in love. I know it." There was nothing else to say. Poor Lady. By the time we got to grandma's to color eggs, she seemed to have gotten over losing her first love.

No comments: