For the past 8 months--since school started--we have kept a pretty tight morning schedule. It goes like this:
6:00 a.m.--- Kenzie practices piano
6:30 a.m.---Scriptures and prayers
6:45 a.m.---Madison practices piano
7:30 a.m.---Breakfast
7:45 a.m.---Take kids to school
9:00 a.m.---Preschool for Lady (Wed. & Fri.)
Like I said, we've been doing the same thing for 8 months, so I can't figure out why I suddenly decided that Laityn didn't have preschool today. I remember thinking I didn't have to do Lady's hair because I just planned on staying home all day (something we almost never do). I took my time getting cleaned up while Lady and Jace played kitchen. I talked to my mom for an hour on the phone and then called Lindsey to ask her a question. She mentioned she needed to hurry and get ready so she wouldn't miss pickup. In my head I was thinking "Huh. . . Lindsey doesn't have to get to the school until 3:30--It's only 10:00 now. Why is she in such a hurry?" Then it hit--Laityn was supposed to be at preschool with Ryker and they would both need to be picked up by 11:00. I got off the phone, grabbed the kids, and hurried over to Miss GeAnna's. It's always fun to explain that you completely forgot there was preschool--especially since it has been the same day and time for months. Yep--that's one of those really great moments as a mom--spacing off preschool and spending the morning on the phone.
2 comments:
It's o.k. I feel like I've lost my mind every day and I only have three kids. I don't know how you do it. Your amazing!
They say that your life will only get busier as your kids get older. Can't they just stay little...we really have a pretty nice routine right now.
Post a Comment