I sat down today to check my email. Lady and Jace were busy making beds for their stuffed animals and seemed to be fairly entertained, so I thought it was a good time to sneak down to the computer. For about 10 minutes, everything was quiet. Without warning, about half a dozen books came flying down the stairs. Before I made it to the top of the stairs, Lady was on her way down making sure I knew that Jace had thrown the books. As I passed her, I realized she smelled really strongly of perfume. For all kinds of reasons, my five year old does not have perfume, so it was safe to assume I was smelling my own. Coming down the hall, the smell of the perfume was so strong I could already feel a headache coming. I looked into Jace's room. The floor was covered with books, cards, toys, and my perfume bottles. From the look and smell of things, my two darlings had very stealthly dumped out everything in the room and sprayed perfume everywhere. Jace must have heard me coming because he had already put himself in his time-out spot.
As you can see from the pictures, Jace was less than thrilled with my reaction. Laityn tried her best to explain that she had only used the small bottle (the most expensive) and Jace had been naughtiest for using the big bottle, but I'm pretty sure this whole escapade was master minded by our little Lady. I can never complain that I don't have enough to do, Lady and Jace make sure of that.
3 comments:
Isn't being a mom sooo fun? Good thing they are so cute. Who knows what would happen if they weren't. I so feel your pain...it seems like you can't even go to the bathroom without coming back to some sort of disaster.
I know you told me about this incident on the phone, but it is even better getting to see the "after" pictures.
Post a Comment