christmas eve love
So......this is going to be a fairly lengthy post. If I'm too wordy, you can just skim through the pictures..they're the best part anyway! Christmas Eve is my most favorite part of Christmas... all the good stuff is still a few hours away, and the kids can hardly stand the waiting! I always take a picture of each of the kids on Christmas Eve..this year Tim and I even jumped in for a couple.




After all those serious shots, we needed a few silly ones in the mix. I think these are my favorites!
We all went over to Grandma and Papa's around 6:00. Dad made his famous lasagne (thanks for the request Damon). While we were getting dinner together, grandma took pictures of each family in front of her tree (decorated by Dad!).
With dinner done, we got down to business. The Argyle Christmas Program... we've been doing it every year since...well, always! Each of the grandkids does something...sing, tell a story, play a song... Someone usually tapes the show and it makes for great entertainment in coming years. We recently watched the video of the Christmas story from 1998. Kenzie wouldn't give her gift to the baby Jesus. Kelly (dressed as Joseph) tried to negociate a trade... give Morgan (playing Mary) the gift and Kenzie could hold the baby. The baby ended up being thrown to the ground, Mary was pouting in the corner, and Kenzie was throwing a tantrum on the floor. It was a lovely program!
Carter played "Silent Night" with me. He just started lessons this past summer, and was oh so proud of his performance.
2 comments:
darling pictures. You guys all look so cute. I love that your family is so close and you do so much together. That's awesome
I love the idea of a Christmas program. SO FUN! Your kids are darling! I'm pretty sure I say that with every comment!
Post a Comment