.

Monday, April 27, 2009

dancin' man?

Friday was Legacy's annual "2nd grade Dance Festival"....need I say more? Kenzie and Maddy thought the festival was the highlight of 2nd grade. Carter could not have been less impressed with the entire production. The before performance comments consisted of things like "the dances are too hard, especially the cha-cha. I don't want to mess up. I don't want to dance with a girl. I don't want to dance with a boy either. Maybe a girl wouldn't be so bad...." During the dancing, Carter was looking everywhere and watching everyone. He could have cared less about his own dancing. During one song, he was supposed to be lined up clapping. Instead he was watching something across the room with his hands shoved into his pockets. My mom and I could not stop laughing... he just looked so very uncomfortable!


This was the beginning of the "Thriller" dance. Carter liked this song the best...but still would have preferred to be sitting on the side.


Near the end, we all joined in on a little "electric slide" action...which I actually (sadly) remembered quite well.

I did get a happy smile at the end of the festival, and I'm sure the smile was only because Carter knew he was done with the dancing! Aaahh...the life of my second grade son....

3 comments:

Candy said...

how fun. Seriously that last picture of you both, is adorable!

Nickie said...

Poor kid. I love the pic of you two. So cute.

Shavon said...

Love the "electric slide". I remember it, too. We were just three when it came out, right?