.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

oh happy day!

Today was birthday #6 for Miss Laityn. We planned a big dinner/party for Sunday night with grandma, papa, and all the cousins....unfortunately, the 3-days-of-fever started at our house last week, and Lady woke up with 104 fever on Sunday morning. Bummer! She stayed home with Tim and Jace (also fever struck) while the rest of us took the enchiladas to grandma's non-infected house. Lady did get to open a present from mom and dad...still didn't make up for missing her party....and cake.... The fever broke Tuesday, so today we celebrated lots! At school, Laityn got to wear the birthday crown and bring home the birthday bag...as she put it "Mom! I gots lots of stuffs in my bag cause it was my birthday!"


For dinner, Lady picked "food you can eat with your fingers". We dined on pb & j (cut up in squares), diced apples with peanut butter for dipping, ham & cream cheese roll ups, and totinos pizza rolls (which were not nearly as good as I remember them being when I was a kid). Sticking with the finger food theme, I made PF Chang's lettuce wraps for us older people...YUM! I'll have to post that recipe later. Lady upwrapped her second gift...a flower fairy book and fairy doll... Maddy informed me that book was better than all her fairy books (seriously! she has at least 4 different books on fairies) so she told Lady they will have to read it together. I am all for that!


Lady paged through her book for a good 30 minutes before konking out for the night. Happy birthday girlie!

3 comments:

Nickie said...

I'm so sorry that she was sick for the first party. That's no fun for kids. At least you got to celebrate and she had fun!! I want the recipe for the wraps!

Banu said...

how wonderful! sounds like fun after the fever! tell me what was in the birthday bag, i might steal that idea for my preschool. my girls are totally into the fairies too :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Laityn! I am excited to try her party again on Sunday!! The good news for us is that we got birthday cake last Sunday and this Sunday...not such great news for you though since you were the one doing the cooking!