.

Friday, June 26, 2009

finshed re-finishing

So...June is drawing to a close, and hopefully so are most of my major summer projects. I keep pretty busy while Tim is gone for the month...I refinished my 17-year-old bedroom dresser, finished a $20 nightstand I found on clearance, refinished my old not-solid-oak-as-promised bookcase in the office, not to mention made 7 batches of jam (seriously! the freezer door is filled with nothing but jam), and speaking of freezers--defrosted the upright in the basement that I put off for 2 years, planted lots of new stuff in the yard, and yes, had some fun, quality time with my kids. It has been a crazy, stay up til all hours of the night kind of month. I will be glad to have Tim back after next Wednesday and have things be more normal...as normal as they get anyway. I promised Tim's mom I would post a picture of the furniture in the bedroom...the dresser turned out just perfect...too bad I didn't have a before shot. Just imagine wood-like veneer, carved flowers, brass trim on the drawers...very early 90's.

I pulled out a bunch of my favorite baby pics of my kids and framed them up. Man, my kids have grown!

Yeah..I know...not too exciting for a nightstand...but it's way better than the wicker basket with a lid, that Jace punched a hole in using it as a stool!

6 comments:

Brit said...

Looks great. You are talented.

Anonymous said...

Looks sooooo good!!

ker said...

Those are beautiful! What a great talent.

Shavon said...

Do you hire out? It looks AMAZING!

Julie Dunkley said...

They look awesome!

Nickie said...

I love doing stuff like that too. Good job!