.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

dinner in a can

You know what happens when Tim calls and tells me he has to work late and doesn't need dinner because he had a late lunch? I save the dinner I was making for tomorrow and go see what's in the food storage room. No sense wasting "real dinner" when the kids will be happy with something fast and cheap. Tonight we found canned spaghetti...which is just wrong and should not exist, but it does. I mixed up muffins and heated the spaghetti (came out of the can looking like a jellied can of pasta). Comments during dinner were as follows:
Lady-- "mmmm....this spaghetti is addicting."
Carter-- "this is so good I don't even want to save room for my banana."
Maddy-- "it tastes like Spaghettios, I love it!"
Jace-- refused to touch it.
Kenize-- "ummm, it's okay, but yours is a thousand times better."

Thank goodness at least Kenzie prefers homemade sauce and meatballs. Guess I know what to make the next time dad is a no show for dinner! Oh...by the way...I ate muffins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of spaghetti in a can! Isn't it funny how sometimes kids will still love it even though homemade is soooooo much better?

Magic Marker said...

Danielle, I just totally posted on your blog without realizing that my daughter had logged into our blog and I was under her name! Basketballgirl99 is my daughter so those posts are from me:)

Nickie said...

I'm with you. No sense making a huge nice dinner when they will eat mac n cheese.

The Meyer Family said...

Muffins? That's when you call me and we sneak out for something edible. I hate the smell of Spaghettios, let alone the taste. We had leftovers. Let me just say some things taste way better the first time.

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

I'm laughing because Paul is out of town for a week with work and I am feeling the same way. What is fast to make? The trick is I don't want to eat canned Spaghetti or mac and cheese.