.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

almost there

I think this is nearly the longest amount of time I have gone without a new post...that tells you how exciting January is for me. I firmly believe January is the longest month of the year. It's cold, snowy, and when the inversion kicks in, just ugly! Needless to say, I am glad that February is nearly here. The school year is more than halfway over, we're hitting Disneyland in April, and then Spring will be in full swing...YAY!!!

Tonight was Kenzie's induction into the National Jr. Honors Society. There are 80 kids at the school who were honored. The society helps plan service projects/activities throughout the school year. Just recently, they started "penny wars". The money raised will be donated to Haiti. The grade level that donates the most pennies gets a party. The catch is, you can't have any paper bills in your jar. Today a 7th grader put a $100 bill into the 8th grade jar. The 8th graders now lose $100 worth of pennies from their jar. Looks like the 7th grade may win this one. Anyway...it's a fun and worthwhile thing for Kenzie to be a part of.

Kenzie and her girlies at the NJHS night.

Receiving their certificates...they're lookin' pretty excited!
I'm off to bed now so I have some energy to finish packing when I wake up. We're heading with some friends to stay in a cabin at Sundance for the next few days. FYI...snow clothes & gear take up TONS of packing space! I'll post pics of the weekend when we're back. Happy soon-to-be February!

1 comment:

Magic Marker said...

Have fun on your trip, and congrats to Kenzie!