.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

...and so it begins...

Sent everyone back to school today...bittersweet day for me. The kids do need to be on some sort of schedule again, but I could do without the 5:30 a.m. mornings and homework. Everyone came home today with praises and love for their teachers (mostly because they had no homework) ...we'll see how longs that lasts! Kenzie came home with lists of more supplies/gear for her classes. Oh good, more money... and she only went to half her classes. Jace was more than happy to have everyone gone and have me all to himself. We played old maid, go fish, crazy 8's, and monopoly...all before noon. We reviewed his letters, sounds, and numbers and then found a minute to grocery shop and visit grandma & papa. I truly think he would be content spending another year at home with me. Come to think of it, I'd be content to do that too. He has already informed me that we need to go to Bajio "without all the other kids so we can sit in the tall chairs and share our salad". Guess I'm gonna have to pack a lot of fun "mom and Jace time" into my schedule for the next week!

the embarrassing "picture in front of the school" I insist on taking every year

the 2nd grader


the 4th grader


the 6th grader


the 8th grader

Wow! What a difference a year, one less set of braces,
and a little makeup can have!

the BFF

Here's to hoping for a fun year with a little less homework than the last!

2 comments:

Nickie said...

They look so big and grown up. Where does the time go? Super cute kids!!

ker said...

I totally get the "braces, make-up and one more year" comment! How come we have eighth graders and we aren't even grown up yet? Darn cute pictures!!