You learn something new every day....
I recently learned all about
the Jr High State Honor Choir
Kenzie tried out back in October...
Each school selects 4 girls/boys
and Kenz was super happy to be
chosen as a first alto...
Then we waited for the music...
there were 6 songs to learn...
all on your own...
memorized...
There were some "issues" getting the music
So the kiddos got it the last week of December...
had to be ready to perform by January 28th...
sure...no problem...
We spent a solid 2 weeks
plunking out Kenzie's part on the piano.
On the 27th, kids from all over the state
spent 10 hours practicing together.
Their director was Ryan Murphy,
the assistant director for the tabernacle choir.
All 360 kids performed last Saturday at Mountain View...
and oh my beautiful!
They sang in italian, german, and english
and I could not have been more impressed.
eight part harmony?
from 9th graders?
WOW.
Kenzie of course became bff's with the cutie
standing next to her in black...
they text regularly...
along with a couple of boys
from pg and orem.
I am sooo not surprised...
that girls makes friends everywhere she goes!
It was a great experience for Kenzie on so many levels...
So glad she has the confidence to do these things
and just be who she knows she is.
We should be getting a recording of the songs soon...
I'll try and post a couple of them so you
can be amazed along with me :)



No comments:
Post a Comment