Last night, we took the family down to Springville for a little celebration. Our used-to-be-across-the-street neighbors had a son graduating from high school. Since Tim was already in Mapleton, we just met him there. After spending way too long chatting with old friends (which was so fun!) we headed for home.
I gave up trying to keep up with Tim on the freeway years ago. I figured he would beat me home by at least 10 minutes, so imagine my surprise when I opened the garage and Tim's car was missing. I unloaded kids, and noticed the answering machine was blinking. There was a message from Tim that he, along with Maddy and Carter, were stranded on the side of the freeway with a flat tire.
I called him and he proceded to tell me that I had passed right by him on the freeway. He couldn't believe that I didn't notice him waving me down. My explanation--the sun was really low and it was all I could do to just see the road. Anyway--he informed that his tire iron was the wrong size (WHY WAS IT IN HIS CAR IF IT DIDN'T EVEN WORK?!) and I needed to come back to Pleasant Grove and help him. He did mention that he had already called my dad and that he was on the way. So the plan was for him to call me back if my dad's tire iron was also the wrong size (Do those things come in sizes?)
Less than 10 minutes later, I was shocked to hear Maddy's giggling voice coming from the kitchen. "We got you so good mom!"--giggle, giggle. Tim was right behind her, laughing all the way. He had even called my mom and gotten her in on the joke, in case I called her to let her know of the dilemma. I should know better by now. Nearly 14 years of marriage, and he hasn't grown up at all--but he does keep us all laughing!
2 comments:
That is really good...give Tim a "way to go" from me! This incident just again proves why I don't play jokes on your husband, he is way to good and will always win!
that is so funny. He did get you good. I don't think men ever grow up. You will just have to get him back.
Post a Comment