.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Mountain Men








Once a year Tim and his best friend from high school, John, go a on backpacking trip in the Uintas. This year, they decided to bring along some of the kids. Tim took Kenzie, Maddy, and Carter along for the adventure. They started at the Crystal Lake Trail Head and hiked in several miles to some small lakes. The mosquitos were rampant, and they all had to wear very fashionable head nets to keep the bugs off their faces and out of their mouths. They fished and caught lots of very small fish, so small that they threw them all back. The kids also tried some of that tasty (right!) dehydrated food. Maddy preferred her dry ramen noodles, and Kenzie thought it was all gross--even the ice cream (that tasted like stale lucky charms). Carter stuck with granola bars and candy. The complaining was kept to a minimum, and they all came home ready to go again next year. I will not be joining them--ever!--Camping is great, but I require a few essentials like some type of water (that I don't have to filter) and an outhouse of some sort (it doesn't have to be pretty, but I refuse to dig my own whole for--well, you know).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the kids loved it and had a great time with Tim. I am with you, no camping without certain essentials.

lovell said...

I don't blame you one bit. I wouldn't want to rough it like that! Wow, Tim is good to take the kids and go. I need to send Trent out into the wilderness.