.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Who might you marry?


The other day I left Lady and Jace in the kitchen to eat lunch while I put away some laundry. After a few minutes, I could hear the conversation getting less than friendly. The scene I came upon went something like this. . . .

Lady: I'm going to marry Samuel. Wait, no, actually I'm going to marry. . . (thinking). . . Richard. Opal says she's marrying the Egypt Prince. I think I might like him too.

Jace: I'm marrying someone I don't know!

Lady: Uh-uh. You're gonna marry. . . (thinking again). . .Kate Evans (next door neighbor).

Jace: No! I not marry Kate! I'm to marry someone I don't know!!

Lady: Nope. Kate.

Jace: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Mom says I can marry someone and I don't know her!!!

At this point, I stepped in and tried to end the marriage issue. Never, ever thought I'd be stopping a 3 and 5 year old from screaming their lungs out about their marriage prospects!

4 comments:

lovell said...

I just have a feeling that those days will come before we know it. I hate to even think about it. Seriously where in the world does time go??????? I don't even feel like we should have children this age. Time flys

Nickie said...

I love to read your blog. Your kids are so dang cute. We go through the teasing about girls also, loads of fun at my house. The bad part is that Jason is as bad as Braxton.

Magic Marker said...

How funny! My youngest daughter can't wait to get married. She's in the "princess" stage to the extreme! I love your amazing race pictures too:)

Kath said...

I thought I already commented on this but maybe I dreamed it. That is such a cute story! There is nothing I love more than listening to conversations like that! They are both adorable and I am sure they will marry people every bit as darling as they are!