.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Primary Overload


After a presidency meeting that ran well past midnight, I am feeling like we have too much happening on the primary front right now. We are trying to figure out teachers and classes for about 220 children. It was also recently discovered that if our ward wants to rotate to the 9 a.m. schedule, the primary needs to give up 3 classrooms... that took some serious effort to work out. It looks like 3 of our 4 nurseries will be giving up half of their rooms during the 3rd hour. (I'm sure that won't be painful at all....) We also had this fabulous idea to make wooden block picture holders for birthday gifts next year. Now all we need to do is paint all 220 of them, sand the edges, and rub on the vinyl lettering (that won't take long...). We also need to burn CD's of next year's primary songs for each family in the ward and get them passed out. And we are still trying to find a way to start bringing the "new" sunbeams into sharing time for the month of December (there is literally no more room for even one row of chairs, and we need room for 18 little bodies). Somehow, we have worked this out for the last 2 years, so I'm sure we'll get it all together...but right now, I think we are all feeling slightly frazzled! Maybe I need to follow suit with Jace, take a good long nap, and then jump back into reality... (as if I could ever take a nap at 4:00 in the afternoon, I can't even go to the bathroom without being interrupted!)

3 comments:

Nickie said...

You are my hero!! I do not envy your calling at all. Hang in there, tell the older kids that they get to have a toddler sit with them, and go get yourself a Pepsi! Pepsi fixes everything!!

lovell said...

I'm so sorry your under stress. I didn't know you were in the presidency. I bet it takes up lots of your time. Take a long bubble bath and just relax girl:)

Magic Marker said...

Wow Danielle! You have a huge primary and tons of stuff going on. I read your entry and felt exhausted just thinking about all you are doing with primary:) The Lord will bless you in your efforts:)