We came home to all kinds of messages, YW in Excellence program, visiting teaching appts, new callings for me (I was released from the Primary Presidency 2 weeks ago and I'm experiencing some post-primary blues), pack meeting, homework...you know the drill. The break was short but so needed!
.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
taking a break from reality
Tim is on an accredidation team for his district. He needed to spend a couple of days at a Jr. High in Park City, so we all tagged along....free hotel and swimming pool...what else do you need? After a long, snowy drive up Provo Canyon, we made it to our hotel. The kids were bed jumping (luckily no injuries!) and enjoying 24 hour Disney channel until very late. We finally gave in and went to bed with them around 11:00 p.m.
Maddy zoning like usual....if the tv is on, she can't help but stare!
Jace eating his before-bed-granola bar....every single night! Tim left early in the morning to work. I slept in...sort of....the kids were all awake from 6:30 a.m. on...so I more or less tried to ignore the noise. By 8:30 they were all begging to get down to the pool. I finally gave in at 9:30....we had to pass by the lobby....got a few strange looks toting 5 kids in nothing but swimsuits, especially considering the major snowstorm outside. Everyone else in the lobby was in down parkas. At least they weren't fighting over pushing the elevator button (they saved that for coming back from the pool).


We spent a long time at the pool...I had to drag them away after about 3 hours. The rest the trip was spent hitting the outlets (finished almost all my back to school shopping!), reading "Farworld" (very fun new book...along the lines of Fablehaven or Harry Potter), and watching a little ABC family (my kids weren't so impressed with the old episodes of "Full House" which I remember loving as a kid...I admit, they were super cheesy!) We finished the drive home with lunch at the Dairy Keen in Heber...yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think these small "vacations" are some of the best!
So fun! I love little vacations like that. They really help rejuvinate you for all the every day stuff you have to deal with! Looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment