.

Friday, March 20, 2009

things that make me smile

So the weather this week has been beautiful! I spent all day yesterday raking the grass, and sore arms and farmer's tan aside, it felt great to finally be out! Tim bbq-ed hamburgers and we had dinner in the back yard...Tim even put up the hammock (more for himself than the kids). This morning, my first daffodil opened up...appropriate since today is the official start of Spring! Which is the reason for Smile #1.

Smile #2 made me laugh out loud. Laityn brought home her leprechaun paper yesterday. When I first glanced at it I read "I am going to set up a crap. I am going to put in gold". Nice. Of course what she meant was "I am going to set up a trap" (she sounded out trap ch....rap--which if you say it out loud actually sounds right). Yeah....you're sounding out chrap right now and thinking "huh...it really does say trap". Tim and I had a good laugh...this is one paper I'll be saving.

Hope you all enjoy your first day of Spring!

4 comments:

Nickie said...

Yeah flowers. My daffodils aren't out yet. I so was sounding that out. You are way too funny and Laityn is going to be a world class writer someday.

Ryan Edwards said...

Thanks for your post that made me smile too! I wish my daffodils were in bloom, we are probably a good two weeks behind you..
Good luck catching your leprechaun in the crap!

Ryan Edwards said...

Oops, thats Angela's comment, not Ryan's (he's logged on my computer again, that brother of mine!

Magic Marker said...

What a gorgous picture of that daffodil! You should enter it into a contest or something:)