If you follow my facebook, you probably have been wondering about my status last Thursday. Here is the story behind that comment.
Regular day...as regular as they get anyway. School, homework, dinner, bath, bed--you know the routine. Anyway, Jace was not doing so well following the "no getting out of bed" rule. He had been up for a granola bar, a drink, potty (twice), and was throwing his toys onto Carter's bed. After a good 30 minutes of this, Carter came tearing down the stairs yelling
"Jace is swearing mom!"
"No he's not!"
"Ya mom, he's swearing, really!"
"Jace is four, he doesn't even know what swearing is."
"Well, he's swearing in his bed."
I finally went up to check things out. Jace was hiding under his blankets at the bottom of the bed. The conversation went something like this:
"Jace, are you swearing?"
"Yes mom, I'm swearing with my middle finger because I'm mad and I don't want to go to bed, so I'm swearing with my middle finger all by itself, 'cause that is swearing!" (Jace was demonstrating how he was holding up his finger).
"Jace (while trying not to bust out laughing), we do not swear! That is not nice. That makes mom sad."
"But mom, I don't want to go sleep, so I was swearing with my finger because I was mad!"
Apparently, Jace has been listening very closely to the kindergarten conversations happening on the way home from school. I've been smiling about his finger all week!
5 comments:
that is pretty funny Danielle! My kids are still clueless to the whole middle finger thing.
Hysterical!
Ok I am laughing. He is so funny. It sounds like something Brax would do and then say. Thanks for the laugh.
That middle finger it's always getting in the way.:)That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Your kids crack me up
That is so funny! They are so cute and innocent and darn it mom he just doesn't want to go to bed!
Post a Comment