Yesterday, Maddy came home sick from school. We ended up making a trip to the doctor for some antibiotics...not my most favorite way to spend the afternoon. While waiting in the room for Dr. Wynn, my kids starting doing the little "exercise program" that was posted on the wall
- jump up and down 10 times
- do 20 jumping jacks
- clap 15 times
You get the idea. Anyway, by the time the doctor finally came in, Jace and Lady were completely wound up. Dr. Wynn was talking to Maddy and telling her how much she had grown (yep, an inch in the last year, if she's lucky!). When Jace realized that being big was the topic of conversation, he had to put in his two cents.
"Hey, hey!! (jumping right in the doctor's face). You know, I'm big too!"
"You're right! You are getting so big."
"Do you know how you know I'm getting so big?"
"ummm.... is it because you know your a,b,c's?"
"Nope, nope. You don't know. It's because I am growin' long hairs on my arm!! SEE!" (and yes, he pulled up his sleeve to show a very surprised Dr. Wynn both hairs on his arm).
We all had a good laugh, which Lady finished off with "If you're even bigger, you get long hairs on your legs too!" Nice, very nice.
4 comments:
I love how you catch all the precious mothering moments on your blog. Awesome quote, just awesome.
FUNNY!!!!
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! That is hilarious!
How funny! I've never thought about the hair growing on my arm as showing how grown up (old!) I am:)
Post a Comment