So....interesting story to tell. I'll try to summarize as much as possible. With my parents being in Alaska for the past 3 weeks, Lindsey, Nicole, and I have been taking turns checking on the house and yard.
Day #1: Monday night, Nicole and I met at mom's for about 15 minutes. We did a quick check of the yard, flowers, and brought in the mail. There were 4 boys climbing in the tree in the front yard. We told them we didn't care if they were in the tree, but to be careful and not make a mess. In retrospect, we should have told them no one is allowed on my parents property...ever....but we were trying to be neighborly.
Day #2: Tonight, Lindsey and Tim pulled up around 6:30 to mow the lawn. Imagine their surprise when they found trees branches all over the lawn. All the bark around the tree thrown everywhere, and the curbing actually moved on to the grass. What the heck?!?! Lindsey called me to find out who I had let climb the tree (oops!). While on the phone, she discovered the extra key to the house laying in the middle of the front flower bed. Not good. She walked into the house and quickly realized someone had been inside. The closets in my parent bedroom were open and my mom's clothes were a mess, along with her shoes. Needless to say, I came down to help. Nicole made it there soon after. We cleaned up the yard, and began talking with neighbors. It didn't take long before parents and sad little boys were coming to apologize. None of the stories were quite the same, although one boy did admit to them finding the key and talking about going inside. We called the police and filed a report. We called Dad in Alaska and had him tell us where all his money and prescription meds were. Nothing missing. Didn't look like the work of an adult, which left us with those boys (ages 9-12). The officer was on her way to talk with each boy and his parents around 9:30 tonight. She was pretty sure one of them would crack and tell the truth. We took all mom and dad's money, car keys, etc. home to keep safe...now that the entire neighborhood knows for sure that they're gone.
Seriously! Kids can do the dumbest things! We actually think they may have been playing night games, and hidden inside the house. One of the involved boys, is the bishop's son...who my dad hometeaches. Needless to say, he was anxiously awaiting his son's return from scouts tonight. I bet that officer is enjoying herself immensely...scaring those poor kids into fessing up! Hopefully by tomorrw we'll know the full story. Sheesh! What a night!
5 comments:
THat is CRAZY! Wow! Can't believe they would do that. I'm glad that nothing was stolen, and hopefully everything was able to be put back in its place relatively easy. I'm so sorry!
Holy COW! I hope those boys get really scared and don't do anything like this again. I'm glad they didn't take anything valuable. STINKERS!
I want to hear the full story when it comes to fruition! I hope those kids learn a good lesson....
What a night indeed! I bet those boys won't be allowed to roam so freely by their parents anytime soon.
Oh my word. I would say that my kids would never do that, but knowing Brax - I better just keep my mouth shut and pray for honest kids. Keep us posted. Good luck!!
Post a Comment