.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We're goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo! How 'bout you, you you?

On Monday, gramma, papa, Lindsey and I took the kids to the Hogle Zoo. This was a new experience for me because I only took 1 child, Laityn. I can't remember the last time I took one kid anywhere (besides the store). Kenzie is up at girl's camp (although she called tonight and a wire in her braces popped out...I may have to go get her in Heber and bring her home to get it fixed). Maddy, Carter, and Jace went with Tim to Shadow Mtn. Needless to say, Lady and I are having 3 days of bein' girls. She was so excited Sunday night..."Mom! I can't wait for tomorrow cause' you and me will just get to hang out and paint nails and stuff!" How could I not take her to the zoo? The kids had so much fun! There is something so grand seeing animals real and up close, especially for kids.

"the gang"

Lady's feet were climbing fences all day so she could peek over the top.


Sometimes peering through the posts and wires was easier.

That elephant came pretty close!

You know inside where you can look through the glass to see the monkeys, and there are big signs posted on the glass that say "please don't tap on the glass"? This would be Lady pounding her fists on the glass and scaring away all the monkeys! Nice.

Seriously...doesn't this look like something from "the Karate Kid"?

Ty was climbing away from all cameras...no surprise there!

Poor Ry, Lady forced him to hold her hand and walk....such a girl.

Laityn lovin' having mom all to herself.

...walkin' and talkin' with papa....

Lady was checking out some little critter behind the glass...I just loved the reflection of her sweet smile!
All in all, a very fun day. Laityn was in heaven, and continues to be. Dinner out with just mom, sleeping in mom's bed, going shopping (only us mom!). What a fun 3 days together!

2 comments:

Nickie said...

What a fun thing for you. One on one time is so great. I remember times like those with my mom. Such great memories.

Christy said...

Events like this really happen? Oh the day that I get to go to the zoo with only one. You and Laityn are very lucky. It gives me hope of peaceful moments.