.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

dropoffs, recess, lunch, homework...must be august

The rest the kids started school today. They were all so excited after meeting their teachers on Tuesday. Maddy finally has a teacher who has been teaching for 20ish years. She has had first year teachers for 4 of the last 5 years, so I am so glad she is with a teacher that has more experience. Reading has always been a struggle for Mads, and her 5th grade teacher does all kinds of great stuff with books! Carter has the same 3rd grade teacher as Maddy...we loved her then, and Carter's thrilled to have the same teacher as his sister. Lady has a brand new teacher who is cute, young, and super excited about first grade. It should be a great year for all three!


Fifth grader...didn't want my help at all today...but did give me a hug before heading off to the fifth grade lines.



Little miss first grader...so proud, so excited!




Took so many pictures of this man trying to avoid glare on his glasses...about made me crazy!

Best lookin' 3rd grader I've ever seen!

Gave up! Took off the glasses!

Lady waiting in the first grade line...playing with her hands and looking slightly nervous.
Everyone came home with lots of stories to tell about friends in their classes, what they had for lunch, who they played with at recess, what they like about their teachers...it took over an hour to get all the chatting done. I finally sat down with Lady to do some reading and kept dozing off during Junie B Jones...typical. Lady also went to bed tonight sporting a runny nose, watery eyes, and low fever...really, really hope she is better in the morning. Somehow I doubt that. Welcome back to school!

1 comment:

ker said...

That is just one thing I hate about sending the kids back to school- SICKNESS! Your children are so adorable! What a fabulous mom you are!