.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

days away

All my complaining about the winter makes this post seem so out of my character. The Jorgensen's (Tim's best friend from high school) invited us to come and stay 3 nights at the Ashton's cabin at Sundance. No, we weren't at the big one...ours was the small cabin, which still dwarfs my own home. We pulled in just as the sun went down. Even though I dread winter and the snow, even I have to admit, this place was beautiful. Maybe if my snow could look like that, I'd complain a little less...only a little. We spent the rest of the weekend playing in the snow, watching movies, eating good food, playing games..Apples to Apples was a huge hit with the kids! We even made a quick trip to Heber for shakes at Granny's. We stopped at Days Market to pick up doughnuts for breakfast...note to self: never, NEVER, take 9 children + one 19 year old boy + 2 adult men (with 12 year old minds) and 2 mommies into a store all at once. I'm sure the store people were so glad we didn't stay long! It was a great weekend, and we are so very lucky to have such good friends who let us tag along on their fun adventures!

Waiting for John to open the tunnel...yeah, I said tunnel, that goes into the underground garage.

This is how snow should look!

How can you resist eating fresh snow?




Those are the steps up to the deck. Jace was drowning!

Carter just before jumping off this deck railing...when the snow it 5 feet deep, you can do that!

Maddy and Annie digging their snow cave.


Kenzie and Zac having a "how long can you stick your face in the snow" contest (Tim's idea of course!)

"K! I'm freezing!"

Kenz tried to say she won, but Zac put his face in way deeper...too bad Kenzie!

Face full of snow!

Carter's tunnel


Serious icicles everywhere...Lady thought it was the best ice of her life!


Hanging out inside...

The weekend flew by and was so much fun! And I am so not ready to start another week. There is nothing like a change of scenery to get rid of those January blahs. I'm feeling like sunny days aren't too far away...thanks again John & Jodi for a perfect winter break!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing getaway...lucky you!

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

Shame on you for coming to Heber and not stopping by to say hi! Sounds like a fun trip!

Adrienne said...

How much fun is that???? You guys look like you had an awesome time!