.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

shades of purple

Yesterday was our first big enrichment....formerly enrichment....now called "additional relief society meetings". Everything came together and night was a success. The daytime setup proved not as grand. Jace came with me to help set up the gym (poor kid thinks that is his life now. He comes along to my weekly presidency mtgs and at least 2-3 visits each week). I think he actually loves the mom time. He's pretty much content to sit on my lap through all the visits...I am so gonna miss him when he goes to Kindergarten in the fall. Anyway...back to the setup. I was pulling down chairs and leaning them up against the tables. Jace crawled under the table to get a ball, bumped the chair which then fell right on his pinky. OUCH! He cried...for a long time...I ran home for a band aid and thought all was well. He pulled the band aid off a couple hours later and this is what was underneath...

I expected the colorful fingernail...

But this side of his finger was a surprise for sure

After much debate, I decided to wait and see what it looked like this morning before going in to see if it was broken. The purple was moving down the whole finger when he woke up. I was still undecided this morning...my neighbor, who is also my dentist, called and offered to take an xray for me at his office. We ran down to see Dr. Dan, and hooray for us, no broken bones! I figure that little kindness saved me about $300 in pediatrician fees and xrays. I baked my bestest cookies and took them a bunch to say thanks. Tender mercies...I see them everyday.

2 comments:

Nickie said...

So glad it wasn't broken - although it looks sad & a bit hurty. I have a nurse two houses down & have had to call on her expert advice before. Love to have those kind of neighbors that don't mind helping.

lovell said...

I'm glad it wasn't broken. The poor little guy. That looks so sore. Glad your neighbor was able to help you out. I'm looking for a new dentist by the way. Where is his practice?