Over the last 2 years, Kenzie has logged more than 500 volunteer hours at Courage Reins...CRAZY! I knew she spent a lot of time there, but I had no idea just how much until recently. I truly can't think of anything better for her to be doing with her time. Kenz has been there long enough that many of the kids know her by name, and there is even one little girl who refuses to ride if Kenzie isn't there to help her...so very sweet. Kenzie did a course of Western riding lessons about a year ago. She has enough free lessons saved up now to do a semester of English riding...."which is the best mom, because you get to run and jump!" I tagged along to her lesson this week and took some pictures. I have to say, I am impressed...not just with how much she has learned about horses/riding...but with how committed she is. Not many 13 year old girls would give up most of their free time/weekend-sleeping-in to help give riding therapy to disabled children. Yep...proud mama!

Meet Cody...one of her favorite horse friends.

getting him saddled and ready to ride


Kenzie thought a pic of their feet would be cool...
I have to agree.

heading to the arena


seriously...beautiful place to ride


If you can't tell...it got dark fast.
By the time they were cantering around the arena,
it was so dark I could barely get the camera to focus.

I have no doubt that if it was allowed,
Kenzie would have stayed on that horse for hours.
It is so fun watching her do something she truly loves
and there's nothing better than knowing
your kid has figured out where they belong!
1 comment:
Love it...tell Kenzie she is a special and talented girl! What a good example!
Post a Comment