I'm not quite sure how it happened,
but I have somehow started planning weddings...
I think some would call it a sickness...
an "I-have-to-offer-my-help-because-I-love-these-people"
sort of sickness.
It's a good thing...
and it's been so much fun...
but WOW! it's some serious work!
Friday was the big day
for this sweet girl in my ward.
The reception was in her
grandparents beautiful backyard.
We started setting up at 9:30 am
and finished at 7:00 pm...
just in time to change clothes
and run back to help with the ice cream bar.
By midnight, everything was undone
and Tim was helping me return the last
of the massive amounts of stuff we had borrowed.
It was a beautiful night
and the pictures really don't do it justice
but you can get the basic idea.
but I have somehow started planning weddings...
I think some would call it a sickness...
an "I-have-to-offer-my-help-because-I-love-these-people"
sort of sickness.
It's a good thing...
and it's been so much fun...
but WOW! it's some serious work!
Friday was the big day
for this sweet girl in my ward.
The reception was in her
grandparents beautiful backyard.
We started setting up at 9:30 am
and finished at 7:00 pm...
just in time to change clothes
and run back to help with the ice cream bar.
By midnight, everything was undone
and Tim was helping me return the last
of the massive amounts of stuff we had borrowed.
It was a beautiful night
and the pictures really don't do it justice
but you can get the basic idea.
We had the entrance lined with 9 of these lanterns.Opposite the lanterns, on the deck railing,
we had lights with pictures hanging of the cute couple.
the backdrop was the focal point of the night,which was awesome because we made it!
The gal who was helping me bought
doors/shutters at habitat for humanity...
grand total of $35
Tim hinged them together,
added all the shelves,
and pretty much made it look fabulous!
Another neighbor painted it for free
so that his daughter can use it for
her wedding in November.
We filled it with battery powered candlesand added the lights and fabric
behind the windows.
seriously! could it be any better!?
We added lights to these paper lanternsand hung them in place of the swings.
We added my hammock underneath
to hold all the gifts... it was perfect!





4 comments:
Could you be any more talented??? Seriously, girl...I never cease to be impressed. How fun and what a gorgeous wedding. How on earth you are able to do it with five kids is fantastic...I can barely do the dishes with my four. I think I need to come to Danielle's mommy training camp! :).
that is FAN-tastic! Wow! Amazing!
You are truly amazing!! I am in awe. What a wonderful reception.
So great!! I don't know how you do it all either!!
Post a Comment