.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Creeped Out!


Today was "give the boys a haircut day" at our house. They were looking pretty shaggy since their last cut was in April. I was buzzing the back of Carter's hair when I realized I had shaved off a mole, or so I thought. Carter has many moles on his head, so I wasn't too surprised, although it was odd that he wasn't screaming in pain. I started kind of pulling at the hanging mole when I realized it was NOT a mole. It was a TICK! WOW---my skin was crawling right off my body! I was so creeped out! I tried to maintain some composure so as not to completely frighten my son, but I was not too successful. We brushed most the hair off Carter and ran to my neighbor's house for some tick removal assistance. After much pulling and many tears, we finally removed the tick, head and all. The tick still had a chunk of Carter's head in his mouth---again--SO CREEPY!! I'm pretty sure this tick came courtesy of Tim's summer camp where Carter spent the last few days. Needless to say, we'll be checking everyone for ticks each time they come home from Shadow Mountain. I'm still shuddering everytime I think of myself actually touching that thing----never, never again!

5 comments:

Christy said...

You could take the kids swimming after a mountain adventure. I have been told that they don't like chlorine. It makes sense because they don't like alcohol. Tic creep me out too.

Anonymous said...

GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!

Adrienne said...

That might be the reason why we don't go camping - my girls have too much hair to worry about something getting in there.

bspeck said...

Hey - I had a tick stuck on me at Shadow Mountain back in the day...good thing you caught it!

Stephanie said...

Hey that is so crazy my sister and her family went on a hike and she found one on her daughters neck. Then 2 days later they found another one in her hair. They decided to wash her pillow and bedding just in case there were anymore crazy!