.

Monday, August 11, 2008

This should be fun?!


Since school starts Monday, I decided we'd better have a few practice runs this week. So this morning, I woke Kenzie up at 6:00 a.m. While she started in on the piano, I woke Maddy up and had her make her bed, get dressed, etc. I was brushing Maddy's hair, when she went off about Kenzie leaving her alarm going. Really? If the sound of the alarm was bothering her that much, she could have gotten out of bed and turned it off. The morning continued. . . by 6:30, we were in the family room reading scriptures. Of course, Kenzie and Maddy exchanged some not-so-nice words about Kenzie taking dad's spot on the couch, and spent the better part of scripture time shooting eachother dirty looks. After family prayer, I sent Maddy in to practice. Kenzie went to get dressed---that was a whole drama I won't even get in to. Meanwhile, Lady was whining about being too tired to brush her teeth. She did, however, manage to get the lid off the toothpaste. So while she cried, she squeezed toothpaste all over her shirt (pictured above). By 7:50 a.m. (the time we normally hop in the car) everyone was fed, dressed, done with piano, and competely frazzled! I was not looking forward to school schedules already, but now, I'm truly dreading the whole thing! Couldn't we just have a few more weeks of summer?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great...I needed a good laugh tonight. Also Jace (below), with the swords, also awesome. I have already learned my sword lesson and not one remains in our house.

Magic Marker said...

I've been looking so forward to having a routine again, but it sounds like maybe we should try a few practice runs before:) I got a good laugh out of your morning...

JoElle said...

Doesn't it make you wonder how our mothers did it?

Kath said...

Can I just say how impressed I am? Piano practicing before school? Scripture study daily? Help me! I need to know how to run my household like yours!