.
Friday, January 16, 2009
...leave it to Tim...
Kenzie came home from school last week with an assignment to build a pyramid. Her only guidelines were that it had to fit on a 2x2 piece of cardboard, and it had to be something that wouldn't fall apart when moved. I suggested the usual....sugar cubes, paper mache...nothing exciting. Kenzie was less than impressed with my ideas. She enlisted Tim's help as soon as he walked in the door. He suggested a glass pyramid, complete with water and a fish. I laughed and said "yea...good luck with that." After a couple of trips to the local Jones Paint and Glass, he had his triangular glass and silicone ready to go. Who knew? We did scale it back a little and filled it with sand, the Nile river, and a toothpick replica of an Egyptian boat. Kenzie couldn't have been prouder to take this to school yesterday... "everyone says mine is the most awesome ever!" Leave it to Tim to pull off what I thought was just another crazy idea!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Is that cheating if your parents do the most difficult parts of the project? Just wondering. I did the exact same thing and my dad was over the top as well - that is what makes them such great teachers.
I like to think of it as being the most awesomely , creative, and supportive parents! Hee hee!! and yes, it is exactly why they are both great teachers!
Please tell me that she got raved over because of it. Wow! Tim is my hero!!
Wow, completely cool! Way to go Mckenzie...Tim...and Danielle! Kenzie definitely gets my vote for the best one!
The pyramid looks absolutely awesome especially from the top! Great job!
Post a Comment