Last week we were given A LOT of pavers for free (thanks John!). I thought it would be quick and easy to put them around the back patio. So...I clearly misjudged the work that goes into laying pavers. Needless to say, after the renting of several machines (sod cutter, compactor, concrete saw) and hours of labor (thanks Dad for spending Wed. helping us!), we now have a beautiful and much bigger patio. Tim kindly suggested we be done with major projects for the year...I'm going to kill him off with my "oh this won't be too hard" projects. Thanks for finishing up this last one! At least you can kick back and watch BYU kick some trash tomorrow!





This was our Spring yard project. Tore out the sod along the north side of the house and graveled a spot to keep the trailer. I got this old wood fencing for free from a little man who had to take it down at the request of the city (I think they were expanding the road). We put it up in the back corner of the yard and extended the flower beds around it...even Tim was impressed with my vision on that one!

The honeysuckle on our arbor has gone crazy this year. Sometimes I just stand under it and take in the smell...I'll be missin' that come winter. Guess I better really enjoy what's left of the nice weather...I'll have to spend some quality time with the patio so Tim can see that it was absolutely worth the 2 loads of roadbase, 1 load of sand, and an entire day of backbreaking work!
5 comments:
I am so jealous of your beautiful yard! I would love to come see it in person, it looks like it's straight out of a magazine! Your patio is gorgeous. Boy, this makes my yard look, well, less than desirable! Alot of money goes into yardwork, along with alot of time and work- and most of the time I don't have any of the above. You amaze- ALWAYS!
Wow, the patio looks awesome. You and Tim (and Dad) did such a good job!
Could you please come over and go crazy at my house??? It looks so great!!
I think that a great reward for all of Tim's hard work would be cable TV. I think he has earned it.
I love it! It looks amazing.
Post a Comment