.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

early celebrations

Early celebration #1: Miss Lady's 7th birthday! Laityn will be 7 on Friday, April 2nd. We had her party tonight knowing that Friday may be just a little crazy...you may have noticed we leave for Disneyland the next morning! YiPPee! So tonight, we invited everyone up for enchiladas... yum... Everyone spoiled her with fairy stuff (which I secretly love too!). She also got some much needed summer clothing for our upcoming vacation. Lady has already informed me that tomorrow we get to make part of her new fairy book, the painting part. I still think of this little girl as just that. She was so tiny for so long, it's hard to believe she is just a year away from her baptism. Ooooo, I love this little girl!


Fairy teacups...and yes, she and Maddy are having a tea party after school.

Such a girl....look at her smiling about new clothes!

full of the giggles

that is serious fairy makin' stuff!

We sang Happy Birthday and then waited...waited...waited...Laityn was really thinking about her wish. Finally, after Jace blew out two of the candles for her, she made her wish official and blew out the rest! Happy Birthday Ladybug!

Early celebration #2: We had our annual Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma and Papa's house on Saturday. The weather warmed up enough to have it outside (hunting in the basement just isn't the same). Mom tried to convince Dad to write down where they were hiding the eggs...since they usually forget....no luck. We spent a good 20 minutes looking for that last egg, like usual. Dad is a really good hider, his memory of his hiding spots, not so much!

Mom! I found a egg!

I'm too busy to stop for a picture! More candy to be found!

Notice that Maddy isn't actually grabbing anything but dirt...I missed the real shot and made her pretend for the sake of my picture habit.

Tyler couldn't figure out how to hold more than 3 suckers at a time...cause who wants to put them in the basket?

Rechecking the shed for that last egg!

Serious follow through on that egg throwin!

Jace's face says it all...none of that girlie underhand throwin'!

Lady didn't realize that when you take a running start, you still have to release the egg before the line!

What egg throw is complete without a little side story. Just before Carter threw his egg, I convinced him to really go for it and throw it overhand. After some debate, he decided to follow the advice of his mother. I took this shot just as he released the egg...notice the egg is coming right at you...I glanced down to turn off my camera and as I looked back up, I took the egg full swing, right in the face! Thank goodness my mouth was closed...I may have just lost a tooth. I had a nice egg-shaped welt on my cheek/chin for the next hour. And no, the egg did not survive. I cracked it good!

Jace beat all the kiddos this year and came in second with the adults...not too shabby for my little 5 year old!

2 comments:

lovell said...

How fun is that. Have fun in Disney. Your kids will have a blast.

Elder Bryson Ritchie said...

Have fun in California, we are going too, but our Spring Break is the week after yours. Did you find a good place for discount tickets?