.

Friday, May 21, 2010

man cave

In a few months, we will be hitting the seven year mark for living in this house. Longest time we've lived anywhere since we got married...and the plan is to stay...pretty much forever. Anyway, every Spring we "plan" to build a shed...and every Spring that project gets delayed another year for a project (usually of mine) that is deemed more important. Poor Tim has been patient, and this year his shed FINALLY made it to the top of the list! Tim poured cement in March, and has been steadily working away. The weather has been killing us both...in fact he worked out there in rain, wind, and even some snow (so much for Spring weather in Utah-ugh!).

just getting started

Since Kenzie is WAY stronger than me,
Tim convinced her to help haul wood, trusses,
shingles and most everything
for the price of an ice cream creation from
Cold Stone.
Not a bad deal!

I did help hammer the trusses together and a few other things,
but really, it was pretty much all these two!



Putting up the roof, and yes, it was almost dark
but at least it wasn't stormy!


This is where I slacked off on my picture taking.
I should have gotten a shot of Kenzie and Tim
putting on the shingles in the pouring rain...
but ya know, it was raining and I was inside thinking
how glad I was to be inside!


I did manage to put up my very cool sunflower...
my next plan is a trellis for the other side with some kind of vine.


This is a shot from the front door and if you're wondering,
I did help organize.
Yup, I loved organizing the shed
as much as I love organizing the house :)


Serious Skills!
Tim actually built a shelf to hold his radio and
ran power (he put in that line 7 years ago)
so it really is his little man cave...
well, except for the big metal sunflower by the door!


This has NOTHING to do with anything, but this actually happened,
all on it's own, and I thought I'd better document it.
Maddy was practicing her piano this morning around 6:00.
I rolled out of bed to find this...Maddy playing "He Sent His Son"
and both her and Laityn singing along. CUTEST THING EVER!
Don't know if it will ever happen again so I had to have proof!

3 comments:

Shavon said...

Love the shed!

Magic Marker said...

Great job on the shed! That is part of our future 3 year plan, but who knows it might be a good 10 years for us:) It looks great!

Kath said...

That picture of the girls is priceless! How sweet is that? I am so impressed with the shed. I am totally thinking I need to pay you to come down and organize my house!