.

Monday, June 28, 2010

all kinds of mountains

The first mountain:
So, I finally made it up to Shadow Mountain this year... I've been doing all kinds of projects, and with Tim taking the kids for at least one session a week....well, you can see how I would be enjoying my "me" time. They finally caught one of the bears that has been coming into camp every night (pictures next time I post). The forest service came and moved her last Thursday. They're hoping the papa bear stays away now that mama bear is gone. There is a funny story about Tim and that bear in the middle of the day, while all the campers were gone on a hike. I'll save that for when I have actual pictures. I spent most the day at camp, and was treated to deep fried turkey for dinner- YUM!

mom love!

This is the view from the porch of the main cabin

Tim's outside sleeping quarters....this way they can hear the bear at 3 a.m. and then scare it off with duct-taped-tip arrows and bear mace. I think it's Tim and Dave's favorite part of camp!

my cute Kenzie

Carter, Maddy, and Reagan (Dave's boy).....the Reagan Maddy has decided she would possible go on a date with when she's 16 because "he's really nice mom".

bringin' speed on the slip and slide (the garbage bags increase your speed!)



Lady found this fuzzy guy...she played him almost to death

MOM! Come look at my caterpillar again!

Kenzie & Tim making spaghetti...the campers dinner.

The Second Mountain:
Kenzie spent all of last week at the Heber Valley Camp. She came home with stories of skits, cabins, challenge course swings, canoes, hiking, staying up all night, and testimonies. It was a great week for her. Her favorite part of the whole week was the final testimony meeting on the last night. I remember that always being my favorite too! It's fun to see her growing into herself and becoming her own person. I'm a lucky mom to have such a sweet 13 year old girl!

Kenzie and her BFF, Miranda

Long bus rides make you do strange things!

They saw this eagle's nest on their hike. Very, very cool.
I can't believe June is coming to an end. It seems like it just got started. Summer already feels like it is slipping away much too quickly. Good thing we're enjoying it while we can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shadow Mountain looks soooo fun!