For the past few weeks, we have noticed a couple of robins spending a lot of time in our yard. We looked all over for a nest, and never found one....until last week. This nest showed up overnight, just as our weeping cherry tree finally leafed out. We peeked into the nest when the mama bird was gone and discovered a single blue egg. The kids are having so much fun watching her. What we assume is the daddy bird hops around the yard most the day and tries to scare us away from the tree. The kids are counting the days until the egg hatches.

As for the rest of the pictures, I'm just giving you some proof that warm weather finally arrived here....well...sort of. I'm taking anything I can get at this point, and trying to ignore the end of the week highs-in-the-60's that are coming. These pics all came from our yard...so many of my favorite flowers are blooming,
and I just had to share!

Miss Kim miniature lilacs...they smell soooo good!


the columbines are the biggest they've ever been...
thanks to the cold weather

no idea what this is, but it's pretty!

honeysuckle vines are blooming away....beautiful!
It's a good thing I enjoy digging in the dirt. I spend hours
out there in the flowerbeds, it's kind of a therapy for me.
The kids don't want to help weed often,
which works out well for me...
it gives me quiet time to myself which is so very rare!
2 comments:
Love the flowers. I am finally starting to see my yard in a good view. I have visions and now I just need time & money. Yours looks so pretty. I agree, gardening is therapy.
BeAuTiFuL :)
Post a Comment