.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

phases

I sent my little man off to Kindergarten today. I am still unsure how this day came so fast. Wasn't it just yesterday I was making posts about him writing on the walls with sharpies and throwing an entire bag of licked marshmallows down the stairs? He has been my buddy for the last two years with everyone else in school. I actually started a conversation with him three times today, and then realized, he wasn't in the back of the van. It was kinda lonely looking in my mirror and not seeing him smiling, pouting, giggling, or whining back at me. You know how everyone is always telling you "Enjoy this phase of life, it will pass so quickly". You don't realize how right they are until you move into that next phase....all that being said....Jace could not have been more happy to tell me all about Kindergarten, tables, carpet spots, recess, coloring folders, and making a new friend. I guess this is a new phase for him too, and I'm so glad he's excited to jump into it!

my big, little boy


"Hooray for the first day of school!"


taking a peek into his classroom window...

Mrs. Hall's class line....lots of boys in that line!

Could he look any more pleased with his little self?

Today was bittersweet...but mostly sweet. I'm sure in a couple of weeks, I'll fall into a routine that just involves me for three hours a day. And I'll be loving the afternoon hours I still get to spend with Jace before everyone else gets home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy how fast he has grown up...definitely a bittersweet day! He does look so excited though :)