.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ships that fly

the SPACE DERBY
...this was a new thing for us
making a ship-
powering it with rubber bands-
putting it on a string-
winding said ship's propeller 100 turns-
(in case you wondered...
if the propeller slips and whacks your finger
it HURTS!)
watching ships fly down the track of string-
our performance was average,
much to Carter's dismay,
but still a fun, crazy night
with 30 cub scouts!

you probably won't notice,
but the black/gold paint
with lightening bolts
has been the design for all cub contraptions

this is the "I'll smile, but I wish my ship
had flown farther" look

when we came home,
the sun was setting
and lighting up my favorite tree in the yard...
I planted this tree
because of how it looks right now
I can look out the kitchen window
and see the pink flowers...
almost makes me think it should be Spring!

No comments: