.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

cowgirls and farms

Friday was an I-feel-like-I-live-on-a-farm
kind of a day.
Kenzie had her first, official,
dressage riding show.
She spent 2 hours prepping for the show...
wash the horse,
brush the horse,
braid the mane/tail,
shine the boots,
press the white shirt,
polish the helmet...
The horse, Misty, that she has trained with
for the last few months
was sore and unable to walk
So she ended up riding a new horse, Pacman.
She still had high scores
and we loved watching Kenzie
do the thing she loves most in this world.

see....serious braiding skills...

even the little hiccup with Misty
couldn't stop Kenzie from having
the time of her life

competition face



The best part of the night for me
was meeting the parents of a girl named Ashlyn.
Ashlyn is unable to speak, walk,
or even sit up on her own.
Kenzie helps her every week at her lesson,
and is her peer tutor at school.
The parents talked so highly of Kenzie,
and said several times how grateful
they are for Kenzie and
all she does for their daughter.
Those are the BEST moments for us moms.

Earlier in the day,
we made a last minute trip
to the farm at Thanksgiving Point.
We go there every year in the Spring,
but with the rain this year
it's been nearly impossible to find a nice day.

Jace rode the biggest horse...
so big in fact, I couldn't even lift him up
high enough to get him on the horse.
Grandma had to rescue both of us.


The two newborn colts were
my favorite surprise on the farm.


I LOVE this shot...
Jace is telling Ty all about the horses
and how she can ride the little ponies
and not even be scared.
What a sweet boy he is.

Hope ya'll are ready for summer!
Only 4 more days of school and
it's official!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of Kenzie...I even teared up a little reading about the little girl she helps! What a sweetheart. Love the picture of Jace and Ty too!

Tami said...

Kenzie is awesome...our next Secretariat! It better be sunny next week - the natives are getting restless!

Nickie said...

Such a sweet girl. I love seeing the people they are becoming. What a great thing for her to do.