.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

the to do list

the list that has become never ending,
and grows a little more each day,
the list I thought would become smaller
with the ending of the school year,
but NO....
the things to do have filled every moment
of every day for the past two weeks.
I'll admit, some of this has been my own fault:
the refinished chairs...my fault
nagging kids to feed the ducks...sort of my fault
since I didn't actually approve of the duck buying
planting more flowers...my fault
helping 2 girls pack for camp...tiny bit my fault
but I had to be sure they packed enough
warm stuff for Heber!
BUT
sewing trek clothes...not my fault
running to buy permethrin first thing
in the morning to soak into said clothes...not my fault
I blame the hundreds of ticks
that are running around the trail we'll be on.
helping Tim move into his new office...not my fault
he has no decorating skills, so I had to step in.
tball...not my fault
Jace has such a good arm
I couldn't just let that ability go to waste!
trek meetings/firesides/breakfasts...
presidency meetings/visits for relief society...
staining 50 leather bracelets for trek...
all good things
that make the to do list grow exponentially!
I've decided that exactly one week from Thursday
all the "to do" craziness will end.
My 4 youngest will be hanging with
grandma and papa enjoying summertime.
Tim, Kenzie & I will be in Fort Bridger, WY
with 37 kids from our ward
and another 350 from the stake
walking the mormon trail,
getting blisters, bites, and sunburns,
and hoping that somewhere along the way
testimonies will grow,
lives will be changed,
and all this "to do" stuff
with be totally and completely
WORTH IT!

No comments: