.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One of These Things is not like the Others. . . .

I took the kids for their annual school pictures today. I have given up on trying to a get a cute picture taken by the actual school photo person. I picked the kids up from school thinking we would run home, change, fix hair, and take pictures. By the time I had everyone ready, it had been over an hour. Carter, Lady, and Jace had their hair done twice, because they started some kind of wrestling-under-a-blanket game while I was finishing Kenzie's hair. After telling everyone to go potty, we jumped in the car. About 2 minutes from the house, Laityn's bladder decided it was too full to continue. We stopped at Grandma's for a potty break (it was closer to the picture destination). After many promises of a big piece of cake for those who cooperated, we started the clicking. The individual pictures went great--I posted them in the side bar. The group shot didn't go so well (BIG surprise there!) Jace was too short to see over the rail of the bridge, so I had Kenzie hold him up. That is the above picture. The below picture is when I teased Jace in hopes of making him laugh--that backfired and then some. I must admit, I think his pout is almost as cute as his smile.

5 comments:

The Meyer Family said...

The individual photos are beautiful! You are a talented girl. The group pictures are sooo cute, and true to life. Isn't that just the way it goes? Especially in sequence, they really give you the feeling of what it's really like. He's almost 4, maybe...??? Cute, cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

Love them...Jace pouting is so cute! You did a great job.

Christy said...

I hate school pictures too. We are going to try for pictures on Saturday. Wish us luck, I expect it to go pretty much like yours. I just hope the pictures turn out as cute.

Kath said...

Love the pictures! You really do have adorable kids! The one of them laughing is really cute...and their individual ones are beautiful!

Shavon said...

I just started thinking about pictures and can't get beyond just thinking! It is crazy hard trying to get everyone ready, happy, and compliant! It is obviously worth the effort! The pictures turned out GREAT! You are an inspiration for moms of FIVE!

Shavon