.

Monday, February 9, 2009

bits and pieces

Tim took Maddy with him to his Jr. High basketball game on Saturday. He shared this conversation with me when they came home.
Mads: "Dad would you love me if I was ugly?"
Tim: "Yes! I would love you even if you were ugly!"
Mads: "No, Dad, I mean like burn your eyes if you look at me ugly!?"
Tim (trying not to laugh, but smiling big): "Yes Maddy, I'd love you no matter what!"
....that is our dear, sweet Maddy!...

Today, I went out to shovel snow..yet again. I came inside to find a nearly empty tube of neosporin. Hmmm....found Jace with very soft, yet slickery hands. Apparently, he used it like lotion. While I was washing his hands, he told me he needed a quarter. I explained that he wouldn't be getting any quarters today...Mommy was keeping the quarter to help pay for the wasted neosporin. A rather large tantrum ensued, and Jace was put in his room for some quality calm down time. I came back a few minutes later and found the picture below. When I asked Jace why he ripped up his only dollar, he replied "I didn't want my dollar, I wanted a quarter!" Needless to say, the above picture is Jace spending some more quality time alone. Will he ever learn?
I was recently released from the primary presidency, and much to my happiness, I was called as the CTR 5 teacher. I haven't taught a primary class since I was very first married. In all my excitement to prepare my first lesson, I came up with a really fun idea for my class and thought I would share. I bought these boxes at IKEA, one for each child. Sunday they all took home their "Primary Box" to keep all their pictures, handouts, etc. The kids were super excited, almost as excited as me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Maddy I would love her if she were ugly too...tell Jace a dollar is better than a quarter (but that is so classic that he ripped it up)...and tell you that your "box" idea for primary is super cute!

Nickie said...

I'm sure I can round up some quarters for Jace and Maddy will always be loved by everyone. Ok the boxes are darling. I have a big enrichment dinner in 3 weeks - you just got opted for cute ideas!!!

Christy said...

Brooke and Ashlyn's teacher does the same kind of thing, but with 3-ring binders and they love them. They love to look in them and do the activities. Great idea Danielle.

The Meyer Family said...

Melissa loves her box! I'm getting folders for my class, thanks for the idea. Stop squishing Jace's creativity (ha ha) Maybe you should stop being so darn productive and shoveling/staining/etc. Yeah, right. Love that Maddy girl.

Kath said...

I love the box idea! I teach CTR 6 and that is a perfect solution! I am totally hitting IKEA next time I am up there!