I know what you're thinking....didn't I just see a post about the zoo? Yes, you did. That was our little mom and Lady day at the zoo. Last summer we bought a pass to the Ogden Dinosaur Park (with a family of 7, the pass price was the same as one day admission). Anyway...that pass also gets us in to the zoo the first Thursday of the month for FREE! If you know me at all, I will never pass up a deal like that. So, we spent the day at the zoo. Being July, I was worried we would be dying from the heat, but the day was overcast and by the time we left a big storm was starting up. I will never get Utah's weather, but it worked out well today.

Every child must drink from the lion water fountain...always.

This was the waterfall in the Madagascar exhibit, complete with hissing cockroaches...yuck!



Over in the Asian Adventure, there was a random little house next to the linx exhibit. This kid (well, he was young anyway) was teaching my kids a game using chopsticks and dried peppers. Not sure how that had anything to do with the zoo, but as you can see, they jumped right in!

Funny how hard it is to get a picture of your kids with actual animals in it.

Carter insisted on a picture with the ape head...boys.

Used my big zoom lens, and got a pretty good shot of this one. Maddy was thinking it was pretty cool when he came right down against the glass...until he turned around and she got a close up of his rear end...she was totally grossed out!

What would a trip to the zoo be without a family picture with the bronze tiger? Such fun!
1 comment:
I haven't been to the zoo here since I was in elementary school! We LOVED the Phoenix Zoo. I'll have to take my kiddies!
Post a Comment