I found this picture and thought it would make the perfect image for this day...this is a picture taken on our first date. Seriously! Is Tim 12 in that pictures? And the glasses? Very Big! And yes, my shirt is tucked right into my too high waisted jeans...ahhh, the 90's. We were having a picnic in the basement of the UVU institute building. After eating, we went ice skating and then went back to Raintree and watched "The Cutting Edge". I don't think we ever went another day without seeing eachother. We were engaged two months later, and the rest is, as they say, history. We've come a long way from that first year of marriage when we would dig up extra change for 29 cent cheeseburgers at McDonalds. Happy anniversary Tim! Love ya!
.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Fifteen years!
Today is our 15th anniversary...which actually sounds like such a long time. Hopefully, not such a long time that we seem old...cause I still feel way younger than that! Tim surprised me with gift cards to all my favorite places and some beautiful white roses (I had told him not to get anything for me...the new trellis' he built for the backyard and the vines to put on them had cost plenty!). We spent the day taking the kids to the new Harry Potter movie..and yes, I enjoy it every bit as much as they do...and having a family dinner at Texas Roadhouse. The kids were extra good and tried really hard not to fight or tattle (since that was the only gift we wanted from them!).
I found this picture and thought it would make the perfect image for this day...this is a picture taken on our first date. Seriously! Is Tim 12 in that pictures? And the glasses? Very Big! And yes, my shirt is tucked right into my too high waisted jeans...ahhh, the 90's. We were having a picnic in the basement of the UVU institute building. After eating, we went ice skating and then went back to Raintree and watched "The Cutting Edge". I don't think we ever went another day without seeing eachother. We were engaged two months later, and the rest is, as they say, history. We've come a long way from that first year of marriage when we would dig up extra change for 29 cent cheeseburgers at McDonalds. Happy anniversary Tim! Love ya!
I found this picture and thought it would make the perfect image for this day...this is a picture taken on our first date. Seriously! Is Tim 12 in that pictures? And the glasses? Very Big! And yes, my shirt is tucked right into my too high waisted jeans...ahhh, the 90's. We were having a picnic in the basement of the UVU institute building. After eating, we went ice skating and then went back to Raintree and watched "The Cutting Edge". I don't think we ever went another day without seeing eachother. We were engaged two months later, and the rest is, as they say, history. We've come a long way from that first year of marriage when we would dig up extra change for 29 cent cheeseburgers at McDonalds. Happy anniversary Tim! Love ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How great is that picture! You really do look too young to get married, though!
seriously? THE cutest picture in the world! A treasure for sure! I loved hearing the story about the picture and you both look so young!
15 years. That is great! We will celebrate our 9th anniversary in one month.
Congrats to you! Sounds like a wonderful day! And I love giftcards.
Happy Anniversary!
I love the picture. Do you remember going to the institute dances? I have fond memories of you two there and wishing my day would come soon. Hope you had a fabulous day together.
Danielle- You still look that young! Tim has aged a bit. Now he looks about 25! I am glad that you enjoyed your day.
Happy Anniversary! 15 years is SO LONG (hee hee)! Time goes by WAY too fast.
Post a Comment