.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

symphonic night

Last night we scored some tickets to the Utah Symphony at Thanksgiving Point. I thought this would be a good place for them to get a little...mind you, a very little culture in a relaxed atmosphere. The concert was outside at the waterfall. After being stuck in traffic for a good 45 minutes, we finally made it to a parking spot and hurried down to the gardens. We spread out blankets on the hill and tried to keep our kids still and quiet. Of course, the blankets kept sliding out from under our very not still children...and the whole keeping quiet thing was out the door within minutes. After intermission a.k.a. "halftime", they all settled in and listened to the next few songs. We left early so as not to spend another 45 minutes in traffic, but all in all, it was a fun experience for the kids. And as Tim put it "there were a lot of cartoon songs that I knew, so that was fun!" I was surprised he recognized anything....I guess there is something to be said for watching Bugs Bunny, Bullwinkle, the Roadrunner....and all those old school cartoons.





We did get to watch the sky do some pretty amazing things as the sun went down. It was a beautiful night...even the mosquitos managed to leave us alone!

No comments: