.

Monday, October 19, 2009

breakin' for fall

We took a quick trip to Boise to visit Tim's family for Spring Break. On the drive up, Laityn talked nonstop. You think I'm kidding...nope. She literally never stopped talking. After about 4 hours, Tim finally told Lady she had to stop (at least for a minute!). She was silent for nearly 15 minutes and then she burst out with "I can't wait til we get there so I can talk!" Soooo Lady. We didn't really have any set plans and it was great to just sit around and do nothing for a change. The kids got their fill of cartoons, played with the cousins, and stayed up til all hours of the night. I checked out the family store, "Import Outlet", and got some fun new stuff for the house. We also hit a few stores, and I got a jump on some Christmas shopping (it's gonna be here before we know it!). We hooked up with some old friends from Springville, Shane and Amanda, that now live in Nampa. We hadn't seen eachother in seven years! We had some major catching up to do, which lasted until after midnight.

Jace makin' pictures for grandma becky.

Control of her own tv!

Cousin capers!

Aaaahhhh....nothing like doing whatever I want and no homework.

Jada & Jia....sweet little twins!


Jared...kept telling Jace that 4 1/2 was little, 5 was big...of course!

We stopped at Shoshone Falls on the drive home...how have we missed this beautiful little place with all our drives to Boise?


checking out the view



We also stopped at the Twin Falls Temple and walked around the grounds.



Jace started throwing up about 5 minutes before we left to come home. Needless to say, we went through many, many gas station cups as Jace continued bringing back everything he tried to eat. He finally slowed down around 2:00, and kept his lunch down. Tim and I were laughing at him because whenever his tummy hurt, he would put his entire face into the cup. He had a big red line in between his eyes from the rim of the cup. I tried to catch him on camera.

As you see, that just made him mad. He refused to look at me for the next 10 minutes. At least they were a quiet 10 minutes!
Now we are home and back to reality...been doing laundry all day, mowing the lawn, raking leaves, homework with the kids, fhe, book orders....I think I need another fall break!

2 comments:

Nickie said...

What a fun get away with good intentions, just a little added excitement. Sorry he was sick. We went today to get the swine flu shot - waited 2 hours, so not fun but have to do it.Here's to better days for you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a funner UEA than my swine infested one!! The twins are darling!