Miss Lady came home from school today just bein' grumpy. I rushed her to the counter to start homework and have a snack. Left about 5 mintues later to pick up Kenzie....hurried home....started some spelling pretests...ran back out the door to take Kenzie to Courage Reins....back home to finish tests/reading/math....typical crazy afternoon. When I tried to give Lady her spelling test she got all upset, threw her pencil, and ran over to the couch...not the response I was expecting when I said "spell the word came". I went over and sat down to figure out the problem."So, tell me what's wrong?"
"Today (sniff, sniff) at recess (more sniffling) I asked my friends in my class if I could play with them. They said no. So I found other friends and they said no too (buckets of tears)."
"I'm so sorry...so what did you do?"
"I sat on the ground by myself (barrels of tears)."
After some hugs and love I said..."So, it was a tough day...tomorrow will be better."
Tonight during prayers, Miss Lady...."hope that tomorrow won't be a tough day again and my friends will let me play." I'll hope for the same thing.
Some days I'm so busy getting all the stuff done, I almost miss the most important parts. Good thing my kids bring me back to what really matters.
3 comments:
Oh, heart breaking...what an angel...hope her day is good tomorrow!
poor sweet thing! I hope she has a GREAT day today!
I hate days like that for the kids. I do the same thing, rush all day and almost miss the sniffs. She's a doll and I'm sure a hug from mom made it better.
Post a Comment