.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Found: Lost Creek

So...it is 12:30 and I am posting our trip...again...I had it all done, hit publish, and my internet went down...I am so annoyed right now. Anyway....now that Tim has some time off, we took the kids for a camping trip. We headed up to the Uintas to a little place called "Lost Creek". Of course, no camping trip can go too smoothly...we left about an hour later than planned, and had driven almost an hour when Carter yelled from the back "Mom! I have a bloody nose!" Now, I am usually prepared for things like that, but I had not replenished my bloody-nose-in-the-car tissues from the last incident. Carter plugged his nose, tipped back his head, and did some out of his mouth breathing. Tim finally spotted an outhouse just off the road. We pulled over and cleaned up the boy. We reached our destination about 30 minutes later. We started unloading which takes forever! Especially when you have 5 bikes and a good supply of firewood tied to the top of the trailer. Lady kept complaining about being cold, and even pulled out her blanket to wrap up. I finally checked her temp...103! No wonder she was chilled...major bummer. She spent the day carrying a big pink bowl with her cause I was not going to clean throw up out of sleeping bags! Lucky for us...it was just one of those random 48 hour fevers..no other problems.

This is Lost Creek...we could see the lake from our campsite.

This stream ran right through our spot...Jace threw rocks into the water for hours.

Apparently, being silly means pulling your hat over your eyes and flashing gangster signs!

Me and Kenz... she's growin' up on me!

Tuesday morning, two moose wandered into our campsite. They were only about 100 feet away. When one started to cross the river, I ordered all the kids into the trailer...did not need that moose charging my kids. They wandered off, but came back around 3:00 and stayed til dark.

See the brown fuzzy spot on the right of Tim? That's the other moose.

Jace riding his bike around the circle...can't believe he didn't have a major wipeout!

Carter practicing some archery.

We took the kids on a mile hike to another lake. There were little bridges covering the spots where the stream crossed the trail. It was the perfect hike for the little kids.


Once we reached the lake, Tim tried to teach the kids how to skip rocks. There were all kinds of rocks dropping into the water...but not much skipping going on.


That afternoon, we broke out the marshmallow guns and had a serious marshmallow fight! Tim had made the older kids guns a few years ago, but he made enough for each of us to have our own this year. Marshmallows can be surprisingly painful when they hit your face at high speeds...I was sure I had welts all over my cheeks. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't aim to save my life!

Look at those cheeks!

It was a great 3 day getaway...I'm sure we'll be heading back to Lost Creek next summer. Our favorite quote of the trip came driving home from Jace..."Hey mom! Would it be silly if we didn't live in American Fork, but lived in American Spoon! That would be so silly!" Only Jace!

3 comments:

Shavon said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the picture of the kids crossing the bridge! Glad Lady is okay!

Candy said...

how fun! you are such good parents!
they'll remember that camping trip forever! I LOVE the moose!

Anonymous said...

Glad your back...looks like you had a blast! Love Jace's quote!