We spent the 4th at Kelly and Nicole's cabin...it is so close to being finished, and it is beautiful. I'll brag for Nicole, since she would never do it herself. Everything you see has been cut, built, stained...all that stuff...by Kelly. My dad has helped out many, many days, and the Tim's have spent a day here and there when they have had time, but for the most part, Kelly has become the builder of a cabin. Anyway...we spent the day for the most part relaxing and enjoying the mountains. My kids would have ridden the 4 wheeler all day...poor Brit was a very good sport, and drove the younger kids all over the property. Kelly of course, never sits. The boys hung blinds, fixed something on the roof (all I know is Kelly looked like he was repelling with all those ropes tied to him), and washed the big front windows.

Tearing down the old fort to build something better.
See, I told ya, window washing.

Part 2:
After coming home and unloading, our neighbors came over for a bbq and fireworks. Thankfully a breeze kicked up and cooled down the temperature just after we started to eat. The kids rode bikes, threw snaps, and waited for nightfall.
While waiting for our own fireworks, these fighter jets passed over our house on their way to the Stadium of Fire in Provo. The kids thought that was awesome...it was also the signal to start our own sidewalk of fire.
Jace was brave enough to hold the sparkler by himself this year....and yes, aren't those good lookin' headphones he's sportin'? He didn't want to hear the loud noises from the fireworks. My neighbors had a few sets of these for their little kids, so Jace borrowed a pair and looked...well....no explanation really needed there.
Lady would only let her sparklers burn about halfway down before she stuck them in the bucket. She did not want those sparks getting too close to her fingers.





3 comments:
Looks like a fun day...sorry I missed the cabin part of it. I agree with you, the cabin is gorgeous!
The cabin looks incredible!! How fun:) I love the fighter jets, every time I see them at stadium of fire, I get chills. Looks like a great day!
That is a fun cabin! Where is it at? I would spend time there, it looks like fun!
Post a Comment