.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

steel days

Today was the town celebration for American Fork...better known as Steel Days. We've been coming to the parade since we were kids. Lindsey, Morgan, Nicole, Brit, Hunter, Ryker, Ora, and Trey ran in the kids race and the 5K. Lindsey won...of course! Morgan came in 2nd for the women..yay! I'm sure Nicole will have pictures from the race on her blog soon. The parade started at 9:30 this year (instead of 10:00) which was good, since we hit 100 degrees today! The kids filled bags of candy..literally, lunch bags full...and came away with a few t-shirts, footballs, and loads of coupons. After lunch, we took the kids to the new pool in Lindon. For anyone with younger kids, this is the perfect pool! The lazy river is only 3 ft deep and even Lady could touch the bottom. We had a great dinner with the Taylor's and, after much convincing, got the kids to come home and fall into their beds.

Kids will do anything for a piece of free candy!


The kids were thrilled to see Cosmo at the parade....but they still preferred candy!

Standing for the flag...hat off, but refused to put down the crackers!

"Hey! Throw it here!"

"Hey mom! Look! I got a pen instead of candy!"

Ty waved and screamed at everyone in parade...except when their were sirens, music, loud anything...then she promptly covered her ears.

Small town summer celebrations are my favorite...they make me feel like a kid again. Such a fun day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good, but exhausting, day! I am still recovering. I am thinking that Tyler is one of your fav's for nieces since she is priveleged to frequent your blog! THANKS...cute pics!

Shavon said...

I'm excited to know about the Lindon pool. We drive to the Lehi pool which is way to far away. Darling pictures, as always!

ker said...

I, too, am a sucker for small town celebrations. Sometimes it's a chore to drag my family to the various activities, but it's all worth it. They end up thanking me for the great time they had. Making memories is the best!